Looks like you’ve come across an expired job ad
Don’t worry, we are always on the lookout for new talent. Contact us and let’s have a chat about career opportunities that interest you.
Senior Software Engineer
(f/m) - Zagreb, Croatia, Full-time
What are we Building?
We believe it is important for every student to have a strong understanding of math to thrive in an increasingly data-driven world. Thus, Photomath aims to change the way students learn math. We’ve achieved viral, organic growth to become the most popular education app in the world with over 150 million downloads. With our mobile app, users can solve math problems instantly using their phone’s camera and get detailed step-by-step instructions to help maximize learning.
We recently launched Plus, the first paid subscription in Photomath. Now we’re looking to supercharge the growth of Plus. As part of this ambition, we’re looking to hire a Senior Engineer to work on our Creation Tools and help supercharge content creation at Photomath.
What is the Role?
- Report to the Head of Product Engineering and work closely with other team leads to plan and schedule tools and technology features
- You will work on internal software products like our new animated solutions creator and content platform
- You will work with senior technical leads on designing creation tool features and processes
- You will work with the Math Engine development team to understand how our runtime technologies work, collaborate on developing content formats and interoperability
- You will work with senior content creators on incorporating their feedback into tool feature development
- As time progresses, the role will expand to other technical areas based on your performance
Who are You?
- You are a generalist software developer that enjoys jumping between technologies and abstraction levels to contribute in multiple areas, tackling challenging problems and devising innovative solutions along the way
- Have a minimum of 5 years of software development experience
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience with developing graphical user interfaces
- Have good understanding of general programming concepts and design patterns
- Have the ability to convey key messages across different teams (e.g. Design, Product, Core Engineering, etc.) and interpret non-technical requirements into technical ones
- You like to exchange knowledge, ideas and opinions with your colleagues
- You are proficient in English
- Having experience with native development in C/C++ is a plus
- Having desktop development experience in C#/Java/VB is a plus
We are offering:
- An opportunity to build novel, innovative tools and technologies that are key to driving our product forward
- An opportunity to work on technically challenging projects and products
- An opportunity to transfer your knowledge to more junior team members
- Learning opportunities through knowledge sharing, educations, and conferences
- A culture that recognizes and rewards dedication and success
Interested in joining our team?
Send us your resume with some examples of your code/projects with the email subject “Senior Software Engineer“ to [email protected]