Looks like you’ve come across an expired job ad
Don’t worry, we are always on the lookout for new talent. Contact us and let’s have a chat about career opportunities that interest you.
Senior Software Developer
(f/m) - Zagreb, Croatia, Full-time
What do we do?
We believe it is important for every student to have a strong understanding of math to thrive in an
increasingly data-driven world. Thus, Photomath aims to change the way students learn math. We’ve achieved viral,
organic growth to become the most popular education app in the world with over 180 million downloads. With our mobile app,
users can solve math problems instantly using their phone’s camera and get detailed step-by-step instructions to help maximize learning.
We’re looking to hire a Senior Software Developer to work on our Creation Tools and help supercharge
content creation at Photomath. We have multiple systems for generating and displaying content related
to our step by step solutions. Content creation is done using web-based creation tools and delivered
to users using an elaborate system of cloud services. Performance and efficiency are key to scaling
these systems to meet the delivery demands of the 35M+ Photomath userbase.
Also, content creation happens on a thousands strong scale through our Contributor Platform.
Both creation and delivery of solution content are key parts of the value Photomath provides to our users.
We are looking for a candidate who can help further develop our creation and delivery systems to meet
the demands of our ever expanding userbase and content creators.
What is the Role?
- Responsible for developing key internal (mostly web-based) tools and components used by our content
creation and software development teams
- Talk to internal product managers and develop features that help with productivity and internal/external processes
- Explore new approaches and implement new technologies to help make our content development processes
be efficient and scalable
Our ideal candidate has:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in developing software
- Experience in using web technologies and networking
- Excellent understanding of computer algorithms and data structures
- Technical knowledge about software architecture and various designs
- Good skills in translating business goals into software features and software architecture
- Ability to talk to users and translate their desires into scalable product features
- Motivation to deal with more openly-defined problems where exploration and experimentation are required
to find the optimal solution
- Desire to work on hard problems alone, without interruption but can also coordinate with other engineers
to build a more complex system where integration of individually build components comes together
A plus is if you have:
- Any experience in working with Google Cloud Platform
- Any experience in writing high performance native software (C/C++)
- Knowledge of how to build parsers and compilers
- Knowledge of using / building containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- A diverse environment with agile and talented individuals across the career spectrum - to teach and be taught
- A friendly, collaborative-heavy team atmosphere
- Learning opportunities through knowledge sharing, educations, and conferences
- A culture that recognizes and rewards dedication and success
- Flexible working hours and work from home arrangements