See other positions
Math Content Annotation Student (f/m)
Zagreb, Croatia, Full-time
What do we do?
We are an EdTech company whose mobile app is constantly the most popular education app in the US and one of the top education apps globally, with over 200 million downloads.
Photomath app is based on optical character recognition through a mobile phone camera and a math problem solver system which recognizes, solves and shows the solving steps for printed and handwritten math problems.
In order to improve the system which recognizes math problems, it is required to go through and annotate a big amount of pictures of math problems (in the shape of text or formula).
What you will do at Photomath:
- Annotate problems inside of a book, meaning their elements such as ordinal number of the problem, problem, text, table, graph, mathematical expression,...
- Annotate math characters on pictures of math problems
- Verify the accuracy of annotated text (after you get acquainted with the main tasks of annotating).
Our ideal candidate has:
- Basic knowledge of mathematics and mathematical expressions (such as linear equations, curves, coordinate system, etc.)
- Reliability and meticulousness when it comes to work
- Systematic approach and attention to details
- Willingness to perform routine tasks
- Responsibility towards work and capability of organizing your own time
- Very good English language skill
- Possibility to work at least 20 hours a week.
- A diverse environment with agile and talented individuals across the career spectrum - to teach and be taught
- A friendly, collaborative-heavy team atmosphere
- Learning opportunities through knowledge sharing, educations, and conferences
- A culture that recognizes and rewards dedication and success
- Flexible working hours and work from home arrangements.
Interested in joining our team?