See other positions
(f/m) - Zagreb, Croatia, Full-time
What do we do?
We believe it is important for every student to have a strong understanding of math to thrive in an increasingly data-driven world. Thus, Photomath aims to change the way students learn math. We’ve achieved viral, organic growth to become the most popular education app in the world with over 4.5 million daily active users. With our mobile app, users can solve math problems instantly using their phone’s camera and get detailed step-by-step instructions to help maximize learning.
Photomath app is based on our own optical character recognition technology and our own math engine system which recognizes, solves and shows the solving steps for printed and handwritten math problems.
We constantly improve our app and add new features to offer Photomath users new ways to approach math learning. Our newest features focus on giving visual cues through graph solutions, recognizing and solving word math problems, and helping learn the basics of math through animated step by step explanations.
We are looking for a person who likes to explore and try out new things in iOS mobile app development, and who values excellent UX above everything.
Together with your fellow iOS Engineers you will prototype, try out new things and develop the iOS Photomath app to make sure it has the best possible stability, quality and overall user experience.
What you’ll do at Photomath? You will:
- Develop and improve the iOS Photomath application, improving the development process
- Prototype and design new features and functionalities
- Implement features designed by our design and product teams
- Collaborate with other engineering teams on integrating app functionalities and components
- Collaborate with other iOS engineers to deliver the best app experience
- Participate in decision making relating to user experience and project organization
- Participate in designing various A/B experiments and their implementation
- Adherence to good engineering practices in software development
- Track tech trends and participate in continuous education
You are the right person for us if you:
- Have 2 years of experience working on iOS
- Have published iOS apps on the App Store, developed individually or in a team
- Are proficient with Objective-C and Swift
- Have the ability to write sustainable, modular and efficient source code
- Have experience in writing iOS code including UIKit, Networking, Threading and Program architecture
- Have great attention to detail and understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Like to experiment, prototype and in general think of the best way to implement something despite technical challenges
- Have knowledge using Git versioning
- Are familiar with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Have excellent English language skill
A plus is if you have:
- Knowledge in C and C++
- Experience using third party libraries like Firebase, Google, Facebook and similar
Interested in joining our team?