See other positions
(f/m) - Zagreb, Croatia, Full-Time
What are we Building?
We believe it is important for every student to have a strong understanding of math to thrive in an increasingly data-driven world. Thus, Photomath aims to change the way students learn math. We’ve achieved viral, organic growth to become the most popular education app in the world with over 4.5 million daily active users. With our mobile app, users can solve math problems instantly using their phone’s camera and get detailed step-by-step instructions to help maximize learning.
Photomath app is based on our own optical character recognition technology and our own math engine system which recognizes, solves and shows the solving steps for printed and handwritten math problems.
We constantly improve our app and add new features to offer Photomath users new ways to approach math learning. Our newest features focus on giving visual cues through graph solutions, recognizing and solving word math problems, and helping learn the basics of math through animated step by step explanations.
We are looking for a person who likes to explore and try out new things in Android mobile app development, and who values excellent UX above everything.
Together with your fellow Android Engineers you will prototype, try out new things and develop the Android Photomath app to make sure it has the best possible stability, quality and overall user experience.
What you’ll do at Photomath? You will:
- Develop and improve the Android Photomath app in collaboration with other Photomath teams
- Work on integrating our in-house developed technology like the math engine into the app
- Track and maintain high application stability and rating
- Build prototypes and iterate through different variations till the best solution is found
- Participate in designing various A/B experiments and their implementation
- Participate in the decision-making process regarding user experience and overall project organization
- Track tech trends and participate in continuous education
You are the right person for us if you:
- Have at least 2 years of experience in developing Android apps
- Have very good knowledge of Java and Kotlin programming language
- Have experience in writing Android code including UI, networking, threading, program architecture (MVP, MVVM)
- Like to write code in a sustainable, modular and effective way
- Are a detailed-oriented person by nature and you believe a quality app has to have a good user experience also
- Like to experiment, prototype and in general think of the best way to implement something despite technical challenges
- Are curious about new trends and how things work “under the hood”
- Have excellent English language skill
A plus is if you have:
- Knowledge of C++ is a plus
Interested in joining our team?